Thank you for writing for me and taking the time to have a look at my letter. I mostly copied and pasted this letter from my M/M Rares Letter, just with a few added ships/fandoms. So, er, if you matched with me on both exchanges, I'm sorry? I hope you can still think of something to write for me. My letters always get embarrassingly long, but I hope that won't put you off. I always like listing a whole lot of stuff in the hope that my writer likes some of the things I listed, rather than only listing two prompts that you might hate. So I obviously don't expect you to include every single thing I mention in this letter, that wouldn't even be possible. I've got some general likes and dislikes listed - those are the important bits, really. They're followed by a long list of tropes and kinks I like and some fandom-specific prompts, but if those don't work for you - as long as you include a thing or two that I like and don't include my DNWs, I'm sure I will love whatever you write for me. :D
Some of the fandom-specific sections are a bit longer than others, but that's only because I could think of more prompts for them. I'd be excited to receive fic about any of these ships.
I use the same name on AO3 and tumblr as here.
Things I like:
- first time fics and getting (back) together (I also like established relationships, though), I like porn as much as I like more subtle sexual tension, I like fluffier things and I like kinky smut. I also adore plotty fics in which a bunch of other things happen to my ship as well, so it doesn't have to be all romance/porn, though I would like my ship to be the focus of the fic.
- I also like: background stories about a character's past, first meetings and impressions (especially if we didn't get to see that in canon), missing scenes from canon, plotty future/post-canon fics that explore where these characters are going, plotty what-if fics that explore what would have happened if a character had made a different choice, fics from a different POV than usual in canon, fics from an outside POV ...
- I'm fine with dark themes (violence, noncon, depression, whatever you need for the plot, though I'd rather not get super graphic gore or animal deaths/cruelty) and I enjoy angsty fics, but I'd prefer if my fic wasn't completely tragic. It doesn't have to be all sunshine and rainbows, but a bit of hope would be nice, and I'd rather my favourite characters/ships get a happy or semi-happy ending, even if they have to go through terrible things before they get it.
Things I do not like:
- major character death, especially of my favourite characters, and completely tragic/dark endings
- crossovers (unless explicitly requested), fusions, complete AUs (a bit of canon divergence is fine, but no high school AUs, coffee shop AUs etc.).
- please don't include any ships (including canon ships) I didn't explicitly request
- genderbend fics of any kind, mpreg, A/B/O, characters being vampires/werewolves/anything but human (unless they already aren't human in canon, of course)
- I don't mind noncon as such, but please no noncon between my requested ships; dubcon due to power imbalances or similar things is okay, though, as long as everyone ends up enjoying themselves
- permanently unrequited love for my ships (pining is fine, initially unrequited love is fine, complicated relationships are fine, thinking for a while that it's unrequited is fine, but I wouldn't want the fic to end with "A loves B and B doesn't love A back")
- I have a major pet peeve for epithets like "the blond one said this", "the taller man did that", "the soldier replied". Please use people's names and pronouns. I'd also rather not get a fic written in the 1st or 2nd person.
- for porn: super detailed kink negotiation – brief talking about what they like is fine if you think it's necessary, the emphasis being on 'brief'
Other tropes and kinks I like:
About my fandoms:
Again, I know this list is long and I obviously don't expect you to include all of this stuff. But if they generally fit into your fic and if they're things that you like to write about, I would love it if you included any of the following themes/tropes/kinks (listed in no particular order):
- themes like loyalty, codependency, obsession, trust, and commitment issues
- complicated, codependent, obsessive family relationships (whether incestuous or not)
- characters dealing with moral dilemmas, having to question their principles, or simply wanting to do things they think they shouldn't be doing. This can be anything from "doing this would shake my entire worldview" to "maybe I shouldn't screw my boss".
- intimacy, familiarity, people knowing about each other's everyday habits/hang-ups (especially in contrast to how nobody else knows them that well)
- difficulties to express feelings verbally and non-verbal expressions of affection
- age differences
- protectiveness/going ballistic when the other one is threatened
- hurt/comfort, taking care of each other
- sharing food/drinks/cigarettes/clothes
- sleep-related themes (sharing a bed, falling asleep on the other's shoulder, waking the other, having dreams about each other, comforting the other after nightmares etc.)
- clothes fetishisation (sex between a dressed and an undressed person; one of them having a thing for the other's clothes (tailored suits, uniforms, leather gloves/boots/jackets, silk shirts etc.); people dressing/undressing each other; someone casual cleans up nicely, someone who's always prim and proper looks dishevelled for once)
- asphyxiation/breathplay/choking, touching/kissing/biting/petting the other's throat/neck, oversensitive necks, hickeys, marking
- characters losing control in bed (speechlessness, whimpering, moaning, shivering, begging)
- messiness (sweat, come play, dishevelled clothes, dishevelled hair, breathlessness etc.)
- first time sex (i.e. first time between the two characters; exploring each other's bodies, finding out slowly what the other one likes)
- rough/angry sex, fight sex, bruising
- small gestures of affection/casual touching/discreet PDA; accidental touching/stimulation
- seduction (sweet talking, dirty talk, teasing, eyefucking)
- sexual fantasies, daydreaming, masturbation, especially before the characters get together
- massages, backrubs, stroking the other's hair
- friction, frottage, intercrural (anal is fine, too, obviously)
- banter/teasing (during sex and otherwise)
- competence kink/admiration
- praise kink
- body worship, people being madly attracted to each other, getting distracted because they're staring at each other
- scars and their history
- hand fetish (strong/soft/rough/calloused/gentle hands, long fingers, handling guns/knives/cigarettes etc., kissing the other's wrists/fingers)
- beards and stubble, beard burn on the other person's cheek/neck/thighs ...
- voice/accent kink, dirty talk
- oral fixation (licking/biting one's lips, drinking from beer bottles, smoking)
- oral sex, rimming
- light bondage/restraints (pinning someone down, holding their wrists, holding their mouth shut with one hand, blindfolds, actually tying them up, collars), D/s overtones (ordering the other to undress, to kneel, to hold still etc.) - for my requested ships I'm more into casual D/s that develops over time than into very formalised, minutely negotiated BDSM
- gun/knife play
- sex on tables/sofas/against walls etc. (sex in beds is great, too)
Fast & Furious series
Deckard Shaw/Owen Shaw
I've requested this ship in exchanges before and received absolutely wonderful fics, but since I'm kind of obsessed with these guys, I still want more. :D I love that they're both ruthless bastards, I love all the loyalty kink and possessiveness between them, the whole us-against-the-world dynamics. I love that they'd both burn down the world for each other. And there are so many different directions you could take this ship in, from a fairly harmonious, close relationship to something very antagonistic and distant (up until someone opposes them and they're inseparable again), or anything in between. I'd love to read more takes on this ship, as long as it is clear that they do love each other deep down. Wouldn't want the fic to end with them actually betraying each other or something like that. (Some more rambling about them can be found in my Yuletide letter, if you're interested.) Here are some prompts, but feel free to go in a different direction if you have an idea you want to explore for them.
- Deckard is 8 years older than Owen, so Owen was still a kid when Deckard joined the military: how did that go? Was there any resentment on Owen's side? Did he just have a big case of hero worship, since he followed his brother's example as soon as he could?
- at what point did they go from big brother/little brother to equals?
- how did they both manage to get kicked out of the SAS? Did they fuck up? Did one of them fuck up and the other followed him into exile, so to speak? Did they get blamed for someone else's mistake? Did they get greedy and start making money on the side? Or anything about that time the military sent a ton of Special Forces guys to kill Deckard and they failed?
- post-canon fic: either Deckard breaking out of prison and being there while Owen recovers, or Owen waking up from his coma and getting back to his feet and breaking his brother out of prison (I'd prefer if Owen didn't have any permanent health issues from his coma; it's an action movie, people can survive horrific injuries with not much more than a few scars, right?). How does almost dying/getting locked up change their relationship? Roaring rampage of revenge y/y? (While I like the protagonists of the F&F movies, I'm not so emotionally attached to them that I wouldn't happily read about the Shaw brothers getting their revenge against them.)
- any kind of first time fic would be great. When did the incestuous obsession with each other start? When they were still pretty young? Did teenage Owen somehow manipulate his big brother into giving him what he wants? I'm fine with underage as long as Owen is at least 15ish by the time they actually sleep with each other, and I'm cool with Owen fantasising about his brother/being all around inappropriate towards him even when he's younger. Or did it only start when they were in the military together and Deckard saw Owen more as an equal than as his little brother? Did it only start after they got kicked out of the military?
- for this pairing I love obsessive pining, voyeurism before they get together (i.e. watching each other screw other people), possessiveness/jealousy ("I will kill you if you ever let anyone else fuck you" and the like), rough sex, completely obsessive incestuous codependency, being horrible people to everyone but each other, delighting in each other's horribleness, delighting in each other's badassery, sweaty rough sparring, gun/knife play, kinking on being brothers - basically go kinky if you like.
Alfred Pennyworth/Bruce Wayne
I really love almost everything about this show, but those two are my favourite thing. For one it's obvious how much they care about each other, how incredibly close they are and how lost they would be without the other. I also find it interesting how the power dynamics play out between them, on the one hand Alfred being Bruce's legal guardian and occasionally putting his foot down (about Bruce going to school, for example), and on the other hand Bruce being technically Alfred's boss and ordering him around and (mostly) getting to do what he wants. I also love how ruthlessly protective Alfred is of Bruce, and how Bruce is just as worried about anything happening to Alfred.
I'm okay with Bruce still being under 18 for anything shippy, just please not quite as young as he is on the show. I'd want him to be at least 15/16ish for anything explicit to happen between them, though I'm perfectly fine with Bruce fantasising about or lusting after Alfred when he's younger than that. I'd love to see some kind of getting together fic for them. Something like Bruce realising over the years that he doesn't just love Alfred like family? Lots of pining because he thinks that Alfred could never feel the same way about him? Lots of angst and guilt on Alfred's side about falling for his ward? Angsty, slow-burn getting together fic, maybe only at some point in the future after Bruce already became Batman? Or before, that's cool, too. Or after one of them got hurt and they had another "I can't lose you" moment? Bruce being reasonable and mature and explaining to Alfred very seriously why there's no reason they shouldn't be together?
And some things I would generally love to see for these two: anything with Alfred protecting/saving Bruce, anything with either of them getting hurt and the other taking care of them (did I mention that I like hurt/comfort? because I like hurt/comfort), anything more about Alfred's past coming back to haunt him or how being around Bruce helps him deal with his past, or some plotty continuation of Bruce's attempts to find out what happened to his parents ...
I'd also love to see how the Bruce we see on the show goes on to become Batman, so if you want to fastforward a few years and explore how that happens, I would absolutely LOVE to read it. Where does he get the idea? How does he go about it? Does he leave Gotham for a few years to train and then come back eventually? Does Alfred help him train and is generally a total enabler? (Okay, we know the answer to that last question is yes because Alfred likes enabling Bruce.) Also, their hugs on the show are utterly adorable, so if you have them hugging in your fic, I will appreciate that very much. All the hugs and clinging to each other and Alfred stroking Bruce's hair.
I like most other characters on this show, so if you want to include Gordon or whoever as well, that's cool. I'm just not a huge fan of the Penguin, but I don't think that should be a problem. And I like Bruce and Selina as friends, but I don't ship them at all.
The Raven Cycle
This is the only fandom I requested several ships for, so I'll list some ship-specific prompts below. I love both Ronan and Declan, my endgame ships being Gansey/Ronan and Declan/Adam, but I also ship pretty much any combination of Niall/Ronan/Declan/Gansey (okay, I should say any combination in which Ronan is present). Feel free to combine any of these ships if that works for you. I generally have the biggest soft spot for Lynch family stuff, even if you don't want to write any incest ships. Declan and Ronan's relationship, their relationship with their father, how everything changed when Niall died, if there's maybe some way Declan and Ronan might reconcile in the future. I find Ronan's dream magic incredibly interesting, so I'd love to see anything about that, and I love the Barns. I'm slightly less interested in the whole Cabeswater and Glendower stuff, though I don't mind it being included as long as it's not the main focus.
I haven't read the newest book yet and don't know if I'll get around to it before reveals. I've seen my fair share of spoilers, so I don't mind if you mention events that happen in the last book, but I would prefer not to get a fic that requires in depth knowledge of the last book to make sense.
I don't ship Ronan/Adam and Blue/Gansey, so I'd be very grateful if those ships could just not appear at all in my gift. I do love Ronan and Adam as friends, though, so I'm always here for friendship moments between them. Same for Adam and Gansey.
Richard Gansey III/Ronan Lynch
- any fic about the beginnings of Ronan and Gansey's friendship: how Gansey befriended Ronan, what Ronan was like before his father died, how they grew so close etc.
- Gansey at the Barns, Gansey meeting Niall and Declan, Gansey's wonder and awe at the place
- anything set around the time of Niall's death: Ronan's immediate reaction, how he changed afterwards, how Gansey felt about the whole thing, when exactly Ronan moved into Monmouth etc. If you want to include Declan in this as well, I'd love that.
- creepy dream magic, Ronan's nightmares, Ronan's dreamworld, Ronan and Gansey being there for each other on insomniac nights
- getting together fic! I always love those. I'd especially be interested to see if/how their relationship changes once sex becomes a part of it, and how exactly that happened. I'm good with any scenario for this - Ronan being in denial about being in love with his best friend and Gansey going for it, Gansey being a bit repressed and Ronan going for it, slow UST build-up until they just can't stay away from each other ... Whatever works for you.
- what if they had already started a sexual relationship before Niall's death, but Niall's death put an end to that? Because Ronan was depressed and not even remotely in the mood, because he needed a friend rather than a lover, because Gansey felt like he had to take care of Ronan now and didn't want to take advantage of him ... I'd love to see that idea explored. Although I would of course be happiest if they eventually got back together.
- outside POVs: the rest of the gang, Kavinsky, Declan and Matthew, Gansey's family ... Bonus if people already assumed they were together even before they were.
- I'm always here for plotty fics that continue the canon storyline, just with less of the 'true love' and Blue/Gansey stuff that I don't like about canon. ;) Especially if you write something about Gansey dying and then somehow being brought back to life, for example by Ronan dreaming him back to life. I'd love to see how Ronan deals with losing him (probably really, really badly), how dying would change Gansey, what Gansey would do with himself with his Glendower quest over etc.
- generally, this ship is made for D/s, so if you want to write something kinky in that direction, go for it. And while dom!Gansey is kind of the more obvious thing to go with (and I love it), I don't mind Ronan topping Gansey every now and then.
- I'd love to see Ronan taking care of Gansey because most of the time it's the other way around, but I think they both need each other equally.
Declan Lynch/Adam Parrish
- first meetings/first impressions, maybe something like Declan giving Adam a ride at some point (potentially to have a talk with that new kid Ronan and Gansey befriended)
- bonding over how much of a pain in the ass Ronan can be
- They do talk a lot on the phone, since Ronan makes Adam take his calls, so maybe they somehow end up bonding a little that way? Talking about other stuff than only Ronan at times? Realising they actually really like each other? Maybe Adam once accidentally took Ronan's phone home and Declan calls? Maybe Declan actually starts calling Ronan's phone on purpose because he wants to talk to Adam?
- anything set post-canon: they could meet again when they're both undergrads or at law school or even later if they're both working as lawyers or something similar, and they end up hooking up a few times and then hooking up more and more often until they accidentally stumble into a relationship. I can definitely see both of them as the kind of guys who'd gradually go from a casual hook-up with no strings attached to something that gets increasingly serious. (I do ship them during canon, but I don't really see them getting serious at that time, if that makes sense? I think Adam needs to be a lot more content with his life in general before he could manage to have a serious, long-term relationship.)
- generally anything about how sensible Declan and Adam both are about money and careers and how much they'd appreciate that in each other, but also the fact that they've been both kind of unloved for a long time (and how they're both emotionally stunted enough that they could probably grow closer over time without scaring each other off).
- if you include Ronan and Gansey eventually finding out about their relationship and being utterly horrified by it, I would love you forever. (If you also ship Ronan/Gansey, I'd love to see Adam and Gansey talking about the perks and annoyances of dating a Lynch. Or Ronan having a protective fit because Adam is his friend and in his opinion Declan is in no way good enough for Adam.)
Declan Lynch/Ronan Lynch
- anything about how their relationship changed with Niall's death. How close were they before? Was Declan ever bitter about Ronan being Niall's favourite? Or were they especially close since Niall was often gone for a long time? Canon does, after all, include a line about how they "stopped being friends" after Niall's death. Also, in which regards do they maybe remind each other of their father after his death? I can imagine that especially Ronan would hate those moments when Declan looks or sounds or behaves like Niall.
- something dealing with Declan's own grief for his father and how he kind of bottled it up because he felt like he had to take care of his family instead of feeling sorry for himself; maybe combined with some bitterness about Ronan behaving like he's the only one who lost someone
- if you can get them to make up in any way, even a little bit, that would be beautiful.
- once they can return to the Barns, I'd love to see Declan actually going there. To reminisce, to get old family pictures, to see his mother if she's still there ... and if Ronan happens to be there, well. Go from there. (I wrote a fic about that myself, but I'd love to read other people's take on this idea as well.)
- I'd love to see either of them getting protective about the other (because only a Lynch can beat up a Lynch, right?)
- quick, guilty, shameful, we'll-never-talk-about-this sex of any kind with desperate clinging to each other before they go back to not being able to have a civilised conversation
- I'd love to see a fic set after Gansey's death, with Declan trying to be there for Ronan and Ronan probably not being very good at accepting his help. Or maybe he would actually grow closer to Declan again? I'd prefer if Gansey eventually came back to life somehow, but you don't have to include that explicitly in your fic.
- anything about their dreams - how much did Niall tell or teach Ronan about his abilities? Not all that much it seems, from canon, but maybe a little. Shared dreams would be awesome. Dream sex would also be awesome.
- something about Ronan seeing Niall again in his dreams after Niall's death? ghost!Niall?
- what's up with the devil Ronan saw Niall shoot? I'd generally be interested in anything that explores how religious Ronan is (and I'm assuming Niall was just as religious) and how this affects and is affected by his dream abilities.
- anything in general about how Niall raised his sons (I'm cool with Niall/Declan and Niall/Declan/Ronan as well, if you can make it work, as long as it's all consensual, I'm not really into interpretations of Niall as abusive)
- praise kink, daddy kink, codependent father/son stuff, complicated UST ...
- anything about the three of them interacting: Ronan bringing Gansey to the Barns, Gansey being fascinated by Niall, Niall all but adopting Gansey on the spot, Niall approving of Ronan and Gansey's friendship ...
- Niall realising that Ronan wants Gansey long before Ronan does, and seducing Gansey for Ronan
- or maybe Ronan/Niall is a thing and Niall suggests inviting Gansey along
- generally anything about how Ronan/Gansey and Ronan/Niall could interact, and about Niall being a seductive force of nature and Gansey being so intrigued by and drawn to him.
- messed up wet dreams or messed up magic dreams
- if you want to throw Declan into the mix as well (Ronan/Declan or Niall/Declan/Ronan as a background ship, or Niall/Ronan/Gansey/Declan as a foursome), that'd be very welcome.
Tom Brant/Porter Nash
I've been shipping this so hard since I first saw the movie - it's another one of those ships I just can't get enough of. It hits a lot of my buttons - assholes who care about each other (mostly one asshole, really), the banter and the dickishness, but also the growing respect between them, how they start to trust and rely on each other really fast. I'm good with fic set during the movie or something set afterwards, both would be great. Some prompts:
- casefic would be cool, especially if they again use rather unconventional methods to solve the case
- Brant is an asshole and it entertains me to no end, so if you want to write fic about Brant being an asshole to everyone (and Nash being both exasperated and reluctantly amused by it), that'd be great (especially if somewhere in between there are moments of him very much not being an asshole to Nash)
- more instances of Brant showing up at Nash's house in the middle of the night to talk to him, generally any exploration of both their issues and how they cope with them and how they maybe help each other cope
- speaking of issues, we got a glimpse at where Nash's issues come from, but not what messed up Brant so much - just the job in general? any specific cases? something not directly work-related? I'm always a sucker for background fic exploring how characters became the people they are in canon, who their family is, if they're still in touch with their family, any past relationships - and for other characters finding out about their partner's past.
- first time fic! during the movie (maybe even during that first night that Brant shows up at Nash's place, or later during the movie) or after the movie, and how does that go? Do they grow closer and are repressed about their feelings for ages before Brant finally gets over himself? Do they hook up one night and then not talk about it for ages? Do they keep hooking up and not talking about it until Nash insists they talk about it? Does Brant get a jealousy fit next time Nash dates another guy?
- I have a thing for Nash topping from the bottom (bonus for humiliating dirty talk about how Brant is a brute and not good for much except for fucking him, and Brant getting off on all the things Nash says to him). You absolutely don't have to write them that way, but if you like writing that sort of thing, I'm so here for it. All my kinks in the kink list up there apply, and especially D/s and bondage and dirty talk and I don't think I mentioned collars but collars are great? Oh, and both of them kinking on how differently built they are, Brant's bulk vs. Nash being all skinny.
- considering Brant's whole macho persona, I wouldn't be surprised if he had one hell of a case of internalised homophobia - and that he's either completely in denial about being gay, or regularly screwing guys but kind of hating himself for it. So feel free to do something with that: does it impact when/how he and Nash get together? Does it impact their relationship because Nash has to deal with being out while dating a guy who's in the deepest closet ever and has no intention of leaving it?
The Hateful Eight
Marquis Warren/Chris Mannix
There's so much you could do with their issues and antagonism, and their shared bond after what they went through, and the loyalty between them – especially if you have Mannix saving Warren's life again post-movie because he was somewhat less badly injured and patched Warren up, and Warren is grateful, but also hates owing Mannix.
Oh, and of course there's probably a lot of guilt and shame going on on both sides (but especially for Mannix) because sleeping with a black man/a racist Confederate is probably not something either of them is particularly comfortable with. Not to mention aaaaall the internalised homophobia they both probably have going on. I figure that any kind of sexual encounter between them would have Warren in charge, simply because there's no way Warren would ever let any man, let alone a white man, top him in any way. Plus, Mannix clearly has a bit of a submissive streak and is so very eager to please. I'm okay if this turns out a bit dub-con-y, with Warren somehow getting Mannix to do things he's reluctant to do (as long as he ends up enjoying himself, he might just feel terrible about it). I'm okay with both rougher, more antagonistic interpretations of their relationship and with gentler stuff that focuses more on their shared experiences and how much they owe each other. Or ideally a combination of both. :D
Obviously you don't have to write porn if you don't want to, but if you do, I also requested this ship for Smut Swap earlier this year, if you need some extra inspiration.
Proinsias Cassidy/Jesse Custer
Shiny new ship! :D Season one is obviously still ongoing as I'm writing this, so I'm afraid I won't be able to come up with as many prompts for this ship as for others, but that doesn't mean I want it any less. I'm really loving this show so far and I will definitely watch the new episodes as they come out, so no worries about spoilers. I am not familiar with the comics, but if you are, feel free to use elements from the comics in your fic (if they are compatible with the show).
- Jesse doesn't seem to believe that Cass is truly a vampire, so I'd love to get a proper reveal for that (I'm assuming the show will do one, too, but that doesn't mean there can't be different versions)
- if you want to write something plotty about the angels who are after Jesse's power, or Cass and Jesse actually running off together on a roadtrip or whatnot, that'd be cool
- first time fic! I always love to see how two characters get together. In this case especially I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse's attempts at being "good" mean that he feels like he really shouldn't screw his new vampire buddy, so how does that happen anyway? Feel free to include some booze and drugs at any point, considering how much Cassidy and Jesse like getting drunk together.
- blood play. Kind of obvious, but yeah. Maybe Jesse's blood tastes particularly good now that he's ~possessed~. Maybe it's so good it actually gives Jesse more of a craving for it than he usually has. Or just generally blood play in bed, or blood play leading to sex, Jesse cutting himself to let Cass drink, Cass getting turned on while drinking from him, Jesse being way more into it than he ever expected ...
- Word of God kinkiness. Cass seems to be mostly excited and fascinated by the fact that Jesse can make him do anything he likes, so how about some kinky applications of that? Not looking for noncon, mostly because I think Cassidy would just be down for anything and Jesse wouldn't really force him; just both of them getting off on Jesse making Cass do things.
- porn generally would be awesome, if you want to write anything from my long list of tropes and kinks I love; feel free to get kinky, I'm pretty sure they're both kinky as hell :D
- sex in Jesse's church, on the floor, on the altar, on the pews ... Cass calling him "preacher" and "padre" and "father" in bed and being really into his preacher outfit (because it's hot, okay), feel free to go wild on the vaguely religious dirty talk about having sinned and needing punishment and/or forgiveness, drinking the blood of
ChristJesse ... (I promise you that there's no way I will be even remotely offended by any of this.)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Alfred Pennyworth/Diana Prince
My lone het ship and weird little crack ship of my heart. I should probably add that I genuinely, unironically love BvS and have seen it an embarrassing number of times. And at some point during my obsessive Bruce/Clark shipping, I imagined Alfred and Diana having tea together every now and then and befriending each other and then I had one of those "oh shit, I think I ship it" moments. So here we are. I think they'd really enjoy each other's company and grow to like each other a lot. I figure they'd have a lot of common interests and experiences to talk about, Alfred is a pretty interesting guy with an interesting life story, I think they'd both be able to make each other smile and laugh and they'd just get each other. They could commiserate about Bruce being a pain in the ass, they could have tea together and talk, they could go to art galas and operas and the theatre and whatnot together, they'd probably snark about everyone around them and have a blast. And become really good friends in the process.
And well, Alfred would never get it into his head to hit on Wonder Woman, talk about women who are so far out of his league he'd barely even consider it even if he had time for a relationship. But Diana? If she falls for him, she'll make sure he knows. And since she's immortal, I don't think the fact that he looks much older than her would really be an issue in her opinion.
I don't have a ton of prompts for this ship, tbh. I'd mostly love to see some kind of getting together for them, friendship-to-love, sort of a slow burn romance with lots of wooing and going out together (and lots of snark and making each other laugh, because I don't think Alfred is capable of not throwing shade at everything around him ;)). Bonus if Alfred doesn't really think of what they're doing as dating because he never expected that she'd be interested in him that way. But feel free to go about this in any way that works for you, I don't want to be too constricting here. It'd also be interesting to see how they'd navigate the fact that Bruce is and will always be the most important person in Alfred's life and that won't change one bit just because he's seeing someone. I'd also love to see anything that explores their massive age difference - Alfred definitely isn't used to being around anyone who'd consider him young, and at the same time he still has way more life experience than most other mortals Diana knows, so talking to him must still be refreshing.
If you want to include Bruce/Clark in the background and/or Bruce eventually finding out about Alfred and Diana, that'd be great, too. Some porn would be great, too (especially if her gorgeous dresses and his gorgeous suits are involved), if you want to write it, but for this ship I'd rather not receive a complete PWP.
So, that's it. I hope that you can find something in this letter that you'll enjoy writing, dear author, some prompt that interests you or some tropes that you like. I'm looking forward to whatever you're going to write for me, and I hope that you receive a great gift yourself. :D