Thank you for writing for me and taking the time to have a look at my letter. I mostly copied and pasted this letter from previous exchange letters because my general preferences haven't changed and I can't come up with new prompts every single time. ;) My letters always get embarrassingly long, but I hope that won't put you off. I always like listing a whole lot of stuff in the hope that my writer likes some of the things I listed, rather than only listing two prompts that you might hate. So I obviously don't expect you to include every single thing I mention in this letter, that wouldn't even be possible. I've got some general likes and dislikes listed - those are the important bits, really. They're followed by a long list of tropes and kinks I like and some fandom-specific prompts, but if those don't work for you - as long as you include a thing or two that I like and don't include my DNWs, I'm sure I will love whatever you write for me. :D
Some of the fandom-specific sections are a bit longer than others, but that's only because I could think of more prompts for them. I'd be excited to receive fic about any of these ships.
I use the same name on AO3 and tumblr as here.
Things I like:
- first time fics and getting (back) together (I also like established relationships, though), I like porn as much as I like more subtle sexual tension, I like fluffier things and I like kinky smut. I also adore plotty fics in which a bunch of other things happen to my ship as well, so it doesn't have to be all romance/porn, though I would like my ship to be the focus of the fic.
- I also like: background stories about a character's past, first meetings and impressions (especially if we didn't get to see that in canon), missing scenes from canon, plotty future/post-canon fics that explore where these characters are going, plotty what-if fics that explore what would have happened if a character had made a different choice, fics from a different POV than usual in canon, fics from an outside POV ...
- I'm fine with dark themes (violence, noncon, depression, whatever you need for the plot, though I'd rather not get super graphic gore or animal deaths/cruelty) and I enjoy angsty fics, but I'd prefer if my fic wasn't completely tragic. It doesn't have to be all sunshine and rainbows, but a bit of hope would be nice, and I'd rather my favourite characters/ships get a happy or semi-happy ending, even if they have to go through terrible things before they get it.
- since this is an incest exchange, this is probably a good place to mention that I'm all for kinking on the actual incest - people calling each other brother/father/dad/son etc. in bed, getting off on doing something forbidden/something people would judge them for, but also angsting/feeling guilty about it. I also really love the whole codependency aspect of incest ships - us-against-the-world, "nobody could ever love me like you do/nobody could ever love you like I do", "why would we want to be with anyone else when we have each other?" and so on.
- I'm perfectly fine with and actually like underage for pretty much all my ships. No extreme underage, but teenagers are fine, both for my parent/child ships and for my sibling ships. I have a particular soft spot for precocious teenagers insistently seducing the adult of their choice, especially when that adult is angsting a lot about what they want (this goes especially for my DCEU ships, and with less angst for Deckard/Owen).
Do Not Wants:
- major character death, especially of my favourite characters, and completely tragic/dark endings
- crossovers, fusions, complete AUs (a bit of canon divergence is fine, but no high school AUs, coffee shop AUs etc.).
- any ships (including canon ships) I didn't explicitly request
- genderbend of any kind, mpreg, A/B/O, characters being vampires/werewolves/anything but human (unless they already aren't human in canon, of course)
- I don't mind noncon as such, but please no noncon between my requested ships; dubcon due to power imbalances or similar things is great, though, as long as everyone ends up enjoying themselves
- permanently unrequited love for my ships
- I have a major pet peeve for unnecessary epithets like "the blond said this", "the taller man did that", "the soldier replied". Please use characters' names and pronouns. I'd also rather not get a fic written in the 1st or 2nd person.
- for porn: super detailed kink negotiation – brief talking about what they like is fine if you think it's necessary, the emphasis being on 'brief'
- for this exchange: gen or pre-slash; I do want unambiguously incestuous fic in this exchange, not just vaguely incestuous thoughts.
Other tropes and kinks I like:
Again, I know this list is long and I obviously don't expect you to include all of this stuff. But if they generally fit into your fic and if they're things that you like to write about, I would love it if you included any of the following themes/tropes/kinks (listed in no particular order):
- themes like loyalty, codependency, obsession, trust, and commitment issues
- complicated, codependent, obsessive family relationships
- characters dealing with moral dilemmas, having to question their principles, or simply wanting to do things they think they shouldn't be doing. This can be anything from "doing this would shake my entire worldview" to "I probably shouldn't screw my son".
- intimacy, familiarity, people knowing about each other's everyday habits/hang-ups (especially in contrast to how nobody else knows them that well)
- difficulties to express feelings verbally and non-verbal expressions of affection (including fucked up things like "look, I murdered someone for you", if it fits the characters)
- age differences
- protectiveness/going ballistic when the other one is threatened
- hurt/comfort, taking care of each other
- sharing food/drinks/cigarettes/clothes
- sleep-related themes (sharing a bed, falling asleep on the other's shoulder, waking the other, having dreams about each other, comforting the other after nightmares etc.)
- clothes fetishisation (sex between a dressed and an undressed person; one of them having a thing for the other's clothes (tailored suits, uniforms, leather gloves/boots/jackets, silk shirts etc.); people dressing/undressing each other; someone casual cleans up nicely, someone who's always prim and proper looks dishevelled for once)
- asphyxiation/breathplay/choking, touching/kissing/biting/petting the other's throat/neck, oversensitive necks, hickeys, marking
- characters losing control in bed (speechlessness, whimpering, moaning, shivering, begging)
- messiness (sweat, come play, dishevelled clothes, dishevelled hair, breathlessness etc.)
- first time sex (i.e. first time between the two characters; exploring each other's bodies, finding out slowly what the other one likes)
- rough/angry sex, fight sex, bruising
- small gestures of affection/casual touching/discreet PDA; accidental touching/stimulation
- seduction (sweet talking, dirty talk, teasing, eyefucking)
- sexual fantasies, daydreaming, masturbation, especially before the characters get together
- massages, backrubs, stroking the other's hair
- friction, frottage, intercrural (anal is fine, too, obviously)
- banter/teasing (during sex and otherwise)
- competence kink/admiration
- praise kink
- body worship, people being madly attracted to each other, getting distracted because they're staring at each other
- scars and their history
- hand fetish (strong/soft/rough/calloused/gentle hands, long fingers, handling guns/knives/cigarettes etc., kissing the other's wrists/fingers)
- beards and stubble, beard burn on the other person's cheek/neck/thighs ...
- voice/accent kink, dirty talk
- oral fixation (licking/biting one's lips, drinking from beer bottles, smoking)
- oral sex, rimming
- bondage/restraints (pinning someone down, holding their wrists, holding their mouth shut with one hand, blindfolds, actually tying them up, collars), D/s overtones (ordering the other to undress, to kneel, to hold still etc.) - for my requested ships I'm more into casual D/s that develops over time than into very formalised, minutely negotiated BDSM
- gun/knife play
- sex on tables/sofas/against walls etc. (sex in beds is great, too)
About my fandoms:
Fast & Furious series
Deckard Shaw/Owen Shaw
I've requested this ship in exchanges before and received absolutely wonderful fics, but since I'm kind of obsessed with these guys, I still want more. :D I love that they're both ruthless bastards, I love all the loyalty kink and possessiveness between them, the whole us-against-the-world dynamics. I love that they'd both burn down the world for each other. And there are so many different directions you could take this ship in, from a fairly harmonious, close relationship to something very antagonistic and distant (up until someone opposes them and they're inseparable again), or anything in between. I'd love to read more takes on this ship, as long as it is clear that they do love each other deep down. Wouldn't want the fic to end with them actually betraying each other or something like that. (Some more rambling about them can be found in my Yuletide letter, if you're interested.) Here are some prompts, but feel free to go in a different direction if you have an idea you want to explore for them.
- Deckard is 8 years older than Owen, so Owen was still a kid when Deckard joined the military: how did that go? Was there any resentment on Owen's side? Did he just have a big case of hero worship, since he followed his brother's example as soon as he could?
- at what point did they go from big brother/little brother to equals?
- how did they both manage to get kicked out of the SAS? Did they fuck up? Did one of them fuck up and the other followed him into exile, so to speak? Did they get blamed for someone else's mistake? Did they get greedy and start making money on the side? Or anything about that time the military sent a ton of Special Forces guys to kill Deckard and they failed?
- post-canon fic: either Deckard breaking out of prison and being there while Owen recovers, or Owen waking up from his coma and getting back to his feet and breaking his brother out of prison (I'd prefer if Owen didn't have any permanent health issues from his coma; it's an action movie, people can survive horrific injuries with not much more than a few scars, right?). How does almost dying/getting locked up change their relationship? Roaring rampage of revenge y/y? (While I like the protagonists of the F&F movies, I'm not so emotionally attached to them that I wouldn't happily read about the Shaw brothers getting their revenge against them.)
- any kind of first time fic would be great. When did the incestuous obsession with each other start? When they were still pretty young? Did teenage Owen somehow manipulate his big brother into giving him what he wants? Underage is perfectly fine; Owen is an insistent, demanding brat. ;) Or did it only start when they were in the military together and Deckard saw Owen more as an equal than as his little brother? Did it only start after they got kicked out of the military?
- for this pairing I love obsessive pining, voyeurism before they get together (i.e. watching each other screw other people), possessiveness/jealousy ("I will kill you if you ever let anyone else fuck you" and the like), rough sex, completely obsessive incestuous codependency, being horrible people to everyone but each other, delighting in each other's horribleness, delighting in each other's badassery, sweaty rough sparring, gun/knife play, kinking on being brothers - basically go kinky if you like.
- I would also love to see them (and specifically Owen) trying to put an end to their obsession with each other, trying to stop seeing each other, less out of guilt because it's ~wrong~ and more because Owen might want to be his own man instead of depending on his big brother, or maybe Deckard is sick of cleaning up Owen's messes, just to be inevitably drawn back to each other because they realise that they can't be without each other and that nobody else can compare to what they have with each other.
DC Cinematic Universe
I loved Batman v Superman a whole lot more than I expected, and it mostly activated all my latent Bruce Wayne feelings that I had never been entirely sure what to do with. ;) I love how disillusioned and cynical and broken this Bruce is, how lonely and lost, but also the fact that he does find hope again at the end of the movie, that he realises he's made mistakes. And since we already know that there's a dead Robin, I would be so interested to learn more about Dick and Jason and their relationship with Bruce in this particular universe. I would especially be interested in seeing fic set after BvS, though I'd also be very happy if there were flashbacks or parts of the fic set when Dick and Jason were younger. I guess I'm just really fascinated by the potential ramifications of BvS for them and I'd love to see post-BvS Bruce interact with either one or both of them again.
I requested Bruce/Dick and Bruce/Jason, but I'm also very happy with combining those ships in one fic or even including Bruce/Dick/Jason. I also ship Jason/Dick, if you want to include that on the side. And I ship Bruce/Clark as well, if you want Clark to make an appearance. I don't ship any het ships for any of them, beyond Bruce Wayne sleeping around because that's what he does, so please no Bruce/Selina or Bruce/Talia or whatnot. I adore this version of Alfred and I'm always happy to see him in fic. Same for Diana. :D
Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson
I think BvS makes it fairly obvious that he and Bruce aren't exactly on speaking terms, because BvS!Bruce doesn't come across as a man who has a healthy relationship with his surviving son. I'd love to see both some backstory on this estrangement as well as some reconciliation post-BvS. While I'd definitely prefer a fic that is at least partly set post-BvS, I'm perfectly fine with the fic also including things from their past. Very happy with underage as long as Dick was at least 15ish the first time they slept with each other, and I'd think that Dick would definitely have been the one to initiate things (and he probably had to work very hard to convince Bruce to give in, and Bruce still angsted about it).
- how did Jason's death influence their relationship? I know that in some of the comics at least Jason and Dick weren't all that close, but I think with the movie timelines it would make more sense for them to have been at least somewhat close. So maybe a part of Dick blames Bruce for getting his brother killed? Just like he partly blames himself for letting Jason be Robin in the first place? Maybe they were just both in a really bad place after Jason's death and could barely handle being around each other without arguing? (I know that some bonus material mentioned that Jason died ten years before BvS, but that honestly seems way too long to me. So unless you're super attached to that number, I'd prefer if Jason's death had happened maybe 2-4 years before BvS.)
- what if Bruce systematically pushed Dick away when he decided to go after Superman? Because he knew Dick wouldn't approve, or worse, because Dick wouldn't let him do it alone and Bruce wasn't going to get both his sons killed. If you go with this, I would love to see Dick's post-BvS realisation of what Bruce was doing, and a lot of guilt for letting Bruce play him like that instead of sticking around and protecting Bruce from himself.
- first post-BvS meeting after possibly years of barely any contact. Either Dick coming to see Bruce to ask him what the fuck he was thinking, going after Superman, or Bruce going to see Dick for an awkward apology because Clark's death just made him realise again how little time he has with people he cares about. Any kind of reconciliation would be great. Also first-time-after-a-long-time-apart sex would be amazing.
- anything about how incredibly well these two know each other, all that familiarity and intimacy, to the point of a certain kind of weird codependency where they're incapable of not loving each other madly, and where Dick especially has difficulties loving anyone else half as much as he loves Bruce. Anything about young!Dick seducing Bruce would be amazing.
- I'm fascinated by different Bruce ships co-existing, for example Bruce/Dick and Bruce/Clark. And Dick knows that Bruce has always loved several people at once, but Clark isn't really ready for that, not to mention how shocked and horrified he'd be at Bruce sleeping with his son. Would prefer some kind of solution in the end, though, I wouldn't want to read about Bruce breaking up with one of them to be with the other.
- porn and kink are always great, although I don't see Bruce/Dick as being into anything particularly extreme. So maybe less violent pain play, and more costume porn, suit porn, arguments leading to angry sex leading to desperate clinging to each other, some bondage, teasing, size kink, wall sex ... I have a slight preference for Bruce topping with Dick, but I don't mind at all if you want to write top!Dick (though in that case I'd prefer them to switch rather than implying that Dick always tops).
- random AU idea I like: what if Dick wanted the Joker dead every bit as much as Bruce did after Jason's death, and while Bruce could have restrained his own anger, he still kills the Joker because he doesn't want Dick to do it? Cue tons of angst and guilt on both sides, Bruce hating himself for breaking his biggest principle, but not regretting it because he was protecting Dick, Dick hating himself for letting Bruce do that etc.
Bruce Wayne/Jason Todd
I'm one of those people who live in a constant state of hoping that the Batman solo movie will give us some version of the Red Hood storyline. In the meantime, I'd love to see a fic tackle this. ;) Like with Bruce/Dick, I would prefer a fic that is at least partially set post-BvS with a resurrected/returned-from-the-dead Jason, but I would be very happy about flashbacks or backstory or simply parts of the fic being set before Jason's death. And like with Bruce/Dick, I am very okay with underage if Jason was at least 15ish, initiated things, and Bruce needed a lot of convincing before he gave in. Though I'm also okay with Bruce/Jason not becoming a thing until after Jason's return from the dead.
For descriptions: I definitely prefer black-haired Jason (with that nice white streak) to ginger!Jason.
- anything about Jason's return from the dead, becoming Red Hood, meeting Bruce again ... You can use some stuff from the Red Hood storyline as it is, with Jason trying to kill Bruce, but I'm also fine with a different version (like Jason trying to work with Bruce or something like that) if that fits better into this verse. Some antagonism and conflict would be nice, though.
- some conflict about Jason finding out that Bruce tried to kill Superman while he still didn't kill the Joker
- Bruce and Jason trying to find some kind of working relationship, some way of coexisting, because Bruce doesn't in fact want to turn him in
- hate sex! Or rather antagonistic desperate we-still-love-each-other-but-it's-
complicated sex. Roughness, fights leading to sex, Bruce letting Jason punch him, bruises and cuts and scars and Bruce angsting about every single one of them. Wall sex, sex in costumes, semi-public sex in dark alleys ...
- but also gentler, softer things: Jason letting Bruce patch him up, Jason sometimes hanging out at the lakehouse "because he came to see Alfred" and ending up curled up in Bruce's bed and Bruce's arms, the two of them letting the other comfort them quietly when they have horrific nightmares ... And they never talk about that because they're both emotionally constipated and have too many issues about all of this, but they still have their small ways of showing how much they love each other.
- I usually don't have strong top/bottom preferences, but I'm really, really into Jason topping Bruce. Not exclusively, but if you felt like writing that, I would love it. :D
- again, several Bruce ships co-existing is super interesting to me. Bruce/Jason and Bruce/Clark, or Bruce/Jason and Bruce/Dick ... I don't think there'd be too much jealousy on Dick's side, not after Jason came back from the dead, but elements like Jason resenting Dick for being the "perfect" golden son, accusing Bruce of always having loved Dick more etc. Feel free to go wild on the messed up, incestuous, obsessive family dynamics with threesomes and voyeurism (Jason watching Bruce/Dick, Dick watching Bruce/Jason, Bruce watching Jason/Dick) and competitive fucking and "if anyone had killed Dick, you would have killed them for it". :D
The Raven Cycle
I love Ronan and Declan and Niall so much, and I ship pretty much any combination of Niall/Ronan/Declan/Gansey (okay, I should say any combination in which Ronan is present), including the ones I didn't explicitly request this time. My non-incest OTPs in this fandom are Ronan/Gansey and Declan/Adam. Feel free to combine any of these ships if that works for you. I generally have the biggest soft spot for Lynch family stuff. Declan and Ronan's relationship, their relationship with their father, how everything changed when Niall died, if there's maybe some way Declan and Ronan might reconcile in the future. I find Ronan's dream magic incredibly interesting, so I'd love to see anything about that, and I love the Barns. I'm slightly less interested in the whole Cabeswater and Glendower stuff, though I don't mind it being included as long as it's not the main focus.
I haven't read the newest book yet and don't know if I'll get around to it before reveals. I've seen my fair share of spoilers, so I don't mind if you mention events that happen in the last book, but I would prefer not to get a fic that requires in depth knowledge of the last book to make sense.
I don't ship Ronan/Adam and Blue/Gansey, so I'd be very grateful if those ships could just not appear at all in my gift. I do love Ronan and Adam as friends, though, so I'm always here for friendship moments between them. Same for Adam and Gansey.
Declan Lynch/Ronan Lynch
- anything about how their relationship changed with Niall's death. How close were they before? Was Declan ever bitter about Ronan being Niall's favourite? Or were they especially close since Niall was often gone for a long time? Canon does, after all, include a line about how they "stopped being friends" after Niall's death. Also, in which regards do they maybe remind each other of their father after his death? I can imagine that especially Ronan would hate those moments when Declan looks or sounds or behaves like Niall.
- something dealing with Declan's own grief for his father and how he kind of bottled it up because he felt like he had to take care of his family instead of feeling sorry for himself; maybe combined with some bitterness about Ronan behaving like he's the only one who lost someone
- if you can get them to make up in any way, even a little bit, that would be beautiful.
- once they can return to the Barns, I'd love to see Declan actually going there. To reminisce, to get old family pictures, to see his mother if she's still there ... and if Ronan happens to be there, well. Go from there. (I wrote a fic about that myself, but I'd love to read other people's take on this idea as well.)
- I'd love to see either of them getting protective about the other (because only a Lynch can beat up a Lynch, right?)
- quick, guilty, shameful, we'll-never-talk-about-this sex of any kind with desperate clinging to each other before they go back to not being able to have a civilised conversation
- I'd love to see a fic set after Gansey's death, with Declan trying to be there for Ronan and Ronan probably not being very good at accepting his help. Or maybe he would actually grow closer to Declan again? I'd prefer if Gansey eventually came back to life somehow, but you don't have to include that explicitly in your fic.
Niall Lynch/Ronan Lynch
- anything about their dreams - how much did Niall tell or teach Ronan about his abilities? Not all that much it seems, from canon, but maybe a little. Shared dreams would be awesome. Dream sex would also be awesome.
- something about Ronan seeing Niall again in his dreams after Niall's death? ghost!Niall?
- what's up with the devil Ronan saw Niall shoot? I'd generally be interested in anything that explores how religious Ronan is (and I'm assuming Niall was just as religious) and how this affects and is affected by his dream abilities.
- anything in general about how Niall raised his sons (I'm cool with Niall/Declan and Niall/Declan/Ronan as well, if you can make it work, as long as it's all consensual, I'm not really into interpretations of Niall as abusive)
- praise kink, daddy kink, codependent father/son stuff, complicated UST ...
Niall Lynch/Ronan Lynch/Richard Gansey III
- anything about the three of them interacting: Ronan bringing Gansey to the Barns, Gansey being fascinated by Niall, Niall all but adopting Gansey on the spot, Niall approving of Ronan and Gansey's friendship ...
- Niall realising that Ronan wants Gansey long before Ronan does, and seducing Gansey for Ronan
- or maybe Ronan/Niall is a thing and Niall suggests inviting Gansey along
- generally anything about how Ronan/Gansey and Ronan/Niall could interact, and about Niall being a seductive force of nature and Gansey being so intrigued by and drawn to him.
- messed up wet dreams or messed up magic dreams
- if you want to throw Declan into the mix as well (Ronan/Declan or Niall/Declan/Ronan as a background ship, or Niall/Ronan/Gansey/Declan as a foursome), that'd be very welcome.
Aaaaand that's it! I hope that somewhere in this endless rambling and long bullet point lists of stuff I like, you found something that you'd enjoy writing, some prompt that works for you or some tropes or kinks you love. I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with for any of these ships, and I hope that you receive a great gift yourself. :D